Location (BN21 1HA)
700 metres west of Eastbourne Railway Station from where it can easily be reached via Upperton Road and The Goffs on the way to Old Town. There is also a pedestrian link from the adjoining Manor Gardens.
Purchased by the council from Carew Davis-Gilbert in 1908. As far back as the 1860s discussions took place about retaining this open land between Old Town and the relatively newer development around the railway station and seafront. In 2012 the park became nominated as a Queen Elizabeth II Field.
Broad lawns for informal recreation are sheltered by several mature tree belts. There is a children’s playground on the higher edge of the park and also Gildredge Park Bowls Club and tennis courts operated by Tennis in the Park.
- Café (Seasonal)
- Lawns for informal activities
- Tennis public and private (Groups recommended to book.)
- Picnic tables and seats
- Bike racks near bowls club parking