skip to main content
Keep me posted
» Residents » Housing » Find a Home » Older People

Older People

As you get older you may need some extra help to be able to carry on living in your own home.

Wealden and Eastbourne Lifeline - Welbeing

Welbeing (Wealden and Eastbourne Lifeline) provide alarms (usually on a pendant worn around the neck) for older people who may need help in an emergency. This might be if you fall and need help to get up.

Council Retirement Housing

The council has some schemes, flats, and retirement courts that are specially designed for older people aged 60 or over. More information about these retirement courts can be found on the Eastbourne Homes website.

If you wish to live in a flat in such a scheme you will need to take our housing self-assessment. This will inform you whether you are eligible to register with our HomeMove scheme.

STEPS and other helpful websites

  • STEPS offers short term housing support for older people, aged 65 and over, to support you to stay living independently. STEPS can visit you at home and help you work out what support you personally need to keep living independently.

  • Supporting People - East Sussex County Council

  • Housing Care - Housing schemes for older people

Contact Us

The quickest and easiest way to contact us is by
Email Contact Form
Otherwise you can contact us by
Telephone Contact
01323 410000
In Person Contact
In Person: