The following organisations can help you with local and national health and social care services:
Healthy Eastbourne - details of physical activities in Eastbourne and health related events and services.
- NHS Choices - search in your local area, or an area you are visiting for doctors, surgeries, specialists, hospitals, dentists and more
- NHS Choices Symptom Checker
- East Sussex County Council (ESCC) - local health services and advice groups
- Welbeing - Wealden and Eastbourne Lifeline. Welbeing provide alarms (usually on a pendant worn around the neck) for older people who may need help in an emergency. This might be if you fall and need help to get up.
East Sussex County Council (ESCC) Adult Social Care Direct can help:
- with support to stay living in your own home
- with special equipment, mobility and adapting your home
- when you no longer feel able to cope at home
- if you need to go into or leave hospital
- if you are looking after or worried about someone
- if you or someone else has a disability
- with transport for older or disabled people, including Blue Badges.
- Call the ESCC Adult Social Care Direct contact centre:
telephone 0345 60 80 191
Lines are open Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5pm, and Fridays 8.30am to 4.30pm