The new waste and recycling services for Eastbourne will start from 22 July 2013. The changes are part of the new joint waste contract agreed by Eastbourne, Wealden Hastings and Rother councils to improve recycling rates and save money.
Working in partnership with the new waste contractor Kier we are aiming to reach a target of 50% of waste recycled.
Key things you need to know about the new waste and recycling services are:
- They do not start until Monday 22 July.
- Your collection days might change and all households have been sent new collection timetables and leaflets explaining the service.
- You continue to use your black wheeled bin for normal rubbish
- If you live in a house and currently have a green wheeled bin for your garden waste, this bin will soon be used for recycling. If you don’t have a green wheeled bin, one will be delivered to you.
- If you subscribe to the garden waste collection service, you will soon receive a new brown wheeled bin.
- If you are a resident of a block of flats and you have communal recycling bins, there will be no immediate change to your facilities.
- Bin deliveries started on Monday 17 June and will be completed by Saturday 20 July.
You can download the service change booklet and the frequently asked questions leaflet below.
If you have any queries, please call 01323 410000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org