If you think you may become homeless it is important that you take action as soon as possible.
Our Housing Options Officers will be pleased to give you advice and information to help you stay in your own home whenever possible.
We have a range of tools to help prevent homelessness before it happens, rather than waiting until it does. During the last year more than 130 people have been prevented from becoming homeless by using one or more of these measures:
- Mortgage arrears intervention
- Debt advice
- Investigating issues around Housing Benefit arrears
- Deposit Loan Scheme
- Sanctuary scheme for people escaping domestic violence
- Negotiating with Landlords
- Home visits and family conciliation
- Floating Support