The Proposed Submission Core Strategy (The Eastbourne Plan) was published on 16 September, 2011, for a twelve week representation period. Following the Council's submission of the Core Strategy to the Secretary of State, the appointed Planning Inspector has requested an additional six weeks of publicity on three of the proposed amendments (Major Modifications).
These Major Modifications are required to undergo an additional representation period because they have the potential to have a significant impact on the overall strategy. Two of these relate to the deletion of Sovereign Harbour as a district centre and to an amendment to the windfall housing figure.
The representation period enables organisations and individuals who may disagree with the Proposed Major Modifications, to make their views known, and to attend and debate these issues at the Examination in Public if they wish to.
The Proposed Major Modifications period started on Friday 9 March and ended on Friday 20 April, 2012.
The Submission Core Strategy and Schedule of Proposed Major Modifications can be downloaded below. These two documents can also be viewed at the following locations:
- Eastbourne Borough Council Offices (1 Grove Road, Eastbourne, BN21 4TW)
- Eastbourne Town Hall (Grove Road, Eatbourne, BN21 4UH)
- Eastbourne Central Library (Grove Road, Eastbourne, BN21 4TL)
- Hampden Park Library (12 Brodrick Close, Eastbourne, BN22 9NQ)
- Old Town Library (191 Victoria Drive, Eastbourne, BN20 8QJ)
- Langney Library (Langney Shopping Centre, 110 Kingfisher Drive, BN23 7RT)
- East Sussex County Council (County Hall, St. Anne's Crescent, Lewes, BN7 1UE)
- Pevensey Bay Library (Wallsend House, Richmond Road, Pevensey Bay, BN24 6AU)
- Polegate Library (Windsor Way, Polegate, BN26 6QF)
- Willingdon Library (Coppice Avenue, Lower Willingdon, BN20 9PN)