Conservation is a broad term that can relate to protecting buildings, trees and countryside and the coastline. This section has information about a range of conservation issues covering:
The built environment in Eastbourne (conservation areas, listed buildings)
The natural enviroment in Eastbourne (trees, woodland)
The coastal environment in Eastbourne (coastal protection, flooding)
In this section...
- Conservation Areas - view maps and character area appraisals for Eastbourne’s 12 conservation areas
- Dutch Elm Disease - find out how we manage our Elm population.
- Flooding - find out about for flood and coastal defence work and policies.
- Listed buildings - download the complete list of protected buildings in Eastbourne and further information for owners of listed buildings
- Sea defences - find out about how Eastbourne is protected from the sea.
- Tree Preservation Orders - download our tree works application form.
- Woodlands - we have 88 Hectares of Woodland on the South Downs and 19 Hectares in Hampden Park.
You are at: www.eastbourne.gov.uk/conservation