The council relaunched this website, www.eastbourne.gov.uk, on February 27 2006. The website has been developed based on the feedback we have received from Eastbourne residents. Find out more about the website below, and use the Related Pages links to find other useful information about the site.
What is different about the new website?
- New design, which reflects the council's new logo and corporate colours.
- New structure, based on national standards for council websites.
- New online services, such as planning applications online, searchable directories, maps and live weather.
- New display options, with resizable text, text only and widescreen options.
- Designed to modern standards, with CSS based layout, Government standard meta-data and access keys.
- New search, which returns web pages, documents, news items, jobs, directory entries and events.
- Content managed, meaning that pages will be checked and updated more regularly.
- Personalised home pages gathering content that you say you are interested in.
- Subscribe to pages and get notified when they are updated.
- New ways to interact with the council, via polls and discussion forums.
How have residents been involved in the development?
- Five years of feedback on the old website.
- Online survey before the redesign started.
- Analysis of website statistics showing how people used the old site, what they searched for and what was most popular.
- User testing of the new website.
What do I do if I can't find something on the new site?
- Every page has a Search box towards the top right hand side of the page. You can enter keywords and search the site.
- The Site Map is linked in the header of every page.
- The main navigation menus are on the left, and show you other pages in the section you are looking at.
- Most pages have a 'breadcrumb trail' showing you the path to the current page on the site.
- Use our Website Feedback Form if you get stuck, and tell us what we could do to make things easier.
What new website developments are planned for the future?
- New online services, such as online licensing.
How can I tell you what I think or want?
- Website feedback form.
- Online poll on new features.
What has happened to the old website?
- It remained available for a limited period but has now been permanently de-commissioned and taken offline.