Please note that from the 1st April 2017 pre-application advice requires payment. To view the fees, please see the pre-application guidance notes and fees document.
Before applying you need to the have the following mandatory documents ready to email or post to complete your request:
- A site/block location plan
- A sketch plan
- Good quality photos of the site
- Any other supporting documents you have (optional)
Further information may be requested depending on the type of development you are carrying out. Payment will be made at the end of the application. It will not be processed without the fee.
Most pre-application advice will require a fee, however there are some requests that are free of charge which are:
- Proposals solely to provide access, alterations or extensions for disabled persons
- Work for preserved trees
- Work on trees in a conservation area
- Work for charities
- Work for community groups
- Work for town councils
Please note that if you are paying by credit card you will be charged an extra 1.5%.
Once you have submitted your request it will usually take between 4-5 weeks for a response, depending on the type of your project. If your submission does not meet the validation requirements then we will not be able to progress your request.