skip to main content
Keep me posted

Complaints Against Councillors

You can make your complaint about a councillor in two ways.

Online Form

Make a complaint about a Councillor using the online Contact Us form.

In Writing

To make your complaint in writing, please send it to the following address:

  • The Monitoring Officer, 1 Grove Road, Eastbourne, BN21 4TW

Code of Conduct

We have adopted a revised Code of Conduct which sets out the conduct which is expected of Members and Co-opted Members of the Council.

Our Monitoring Officer and the Standards Panel have the responsibility for considering complaints that a Member of the Council may have breached the Members' Code of Conduct.

The Code covers areas of individual behaviour and sets out rules which govern disclosure of interests at council meetings and a requirement for councillors to record their financial and other interests.

You can download the Code of Conduct below and The Register of Members' Interests on each individual councillor's profile here. Both are open for public inspection at the Town Hall by appointment.

Contact Us

The quickest and easiest way to contact us is by
Email Contact Form
Otherwise you can contact us by
Telephone Contact
01323 410000
In Person Contact
In Person: